daily quote for your perusal

Well...

well, well, well...

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Funny that I just complimented a friend this morning on how nice her longer hair was looking, knowing secretly that in just a few hours I would be shorn and free of all this extra length that has grown quite tiresome.

To all those short-hair detractors out there (all you MEN out there) I quote the following:


He who rejects change is the architect of decay.
The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. ~Harold Wilson

Cam hasn't see the 'new me' yet, but he was given sufficient warning, rest assured.

The kids seem completely unphased.

Dane did say something about the new cut making my face look different. He seemed to sense I was fishing for some kind of comment, something from my little peanut gallery.

Ok, Cam just got home. He reacted properly for a guy that married me when I had a near-pixie cut and has worked most of our marriage to convince me to grow my hair as long as it could go. He acknowledged that it was different and said that I always look pretty no matter what.

I would never force him to admit (truthfully or not) that he liked my hair short, but it did seem that may be he was glad that more stayed than he expected.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute! And I love when people don't get so stuck on a look that they think they can't be anything else! Good for you!

Angie said...

LOVE it!! And Dane is right, it does change your face a little. So cute.

Jone said...

Cami,
I love the new cut, whit and allie just got back from the salon too. I can't wait for my appointment on Wednesday!

Chad and Kristen said...

Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love it!!

.:.stephanie.:. said...

I LOVE IT!! It is absolutely adorable!!!

Anisa said...

I do totally love your new hair cut. I know I told you I love it, but as I was driving away from your house today, I was thinking that it really was cuter than I even let you know! I hope you love it.

Chunk N ME said...

So totally love it! You look awesome! I wish I was that brave! It took me 3 years to get my hair this long and it's driving me nuts! argh! Oh well! I'll keep it until after summer :)
You are ONE HOT BABE! :) LUcky Cam!

Eric said...

I'm just going to be the testosterone in the group, I like it a lot!

Kirbell said...

I like it! What's funny is that I looked a the first picture of you and wondered what your post would be about and thought, Oh Cami's hair is looking so long and gorgeous and just as I was getting used to it you turned around and cut it! I love short hair myself, but I have to agree that men are long-hair lovers...WHY??

Angelique said...

I dont know how i got to your blog...doing some blog hopping today. :O) But I think we might live in the same city???

I wanted to say "thanks" for the link to The Pioneer Woman site. That is a great site and she is amazing! Fun stop!

Oh and I really like your haircut! I went through the same journey about 2 months ago- from long to a similar cut as yours- I am loving it! It does make your face look great!