Here's a peek into the quirky rituals of this average American housewife.
I don't like to clean, but once I start going then I think I do a fine job.
"Pick up your age? Why, what is that?! Can I try it at home?" you ask.
The answer is an unequivocal YES!
But seriously, I will explain. This simply means I pick up and put away 31 items at a time where ever my journey through the house takes me.
I originally got this idea from the Flylady, with her 27-Thing Fling. Since I started doing this when I was 27, I just thought I'd add a item with each birthday and now I'm where I am now.
This ritual usually gets most of the surfaces throughout the house decluttered so that I can vacuum, scrub, wash and/or dust. It's fun and it gets me started on my housework.
Often times I will group certain items together to count as one, IE 3 books on the floor=one item. If I'm not as excited to do it then a small mess of rice and two shoes=31 items.
This is me with items
16. those three books on the floor
17. 3 legos
18. my Garfield-embellished Webster's dictionary and notebook
19. Minty, one of Ella's miniature ponies
20. the Nebulizer
21. my hair comb

5 comments:
I tend to do the rice and 2 shoes thing, too. Don't you feel like you could do that 27-fling (I'm still at 27) all day long and still find stuff to put away. (Thank you Lyndsi, McKay and Sophie for the extra workout time going up and down stairs)
Love it.
You know how I love lists? My rule is that when I cross something off, I have to spend 5 minutes picking up.
I, too, HATE cleaning and having a limit is perfect.
That's awesome! I like flylady too. It's a great inspiration -even though not always followed. I too feel like I could do a 27-fling all day and still find more to fling! :)
Cool! I guess I can pick up 17 things :)
Brilliant! I hate cleaning and I need an out at the end, a light at the end of the dark never-ending tunnel that is housework!
Post a Comment