daily quote for your perusal

Yesterday started out so beautifully. It was raining when we got out of church, but dang it! It was SPRING RAIN and it smelled GREAT!
Bryce and Ella are sick. What other family is lucky enough to have strep throat and croup running through the house at the same time?! However, since no one is throwing up, I feel I have no place to complain. I don't mind a day of not having to be anywhere with my little ones.
Yesterday, we had ward conference (Dane and I went and Cam stayed home with the sickos) and the choir sang a beautiful arrangment of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." I was struck yesterday as I watched them all sing and being a singer myself, I know that you concentrate and watch the director and end up not smiling very much. Well, there is a sweet sister in our ward who mentally handicapped. She is in the choir. Throughout the whole song she had such a beautiful happy smile on her face and I knew that she knew her Redeemer lived. It reminded me of the joy that knowledge brings. I am so grateful to have witnessed that.
We had dinner plans with my kind sister-in-law last night, but because of illness I just sent Cam and Dane. Luckily, I get to have left-over lasagne for lunch. Yum!
At the end of the day, Cam and I congratulated ourselves on a successful, long day of single parenting.

1 comments:

Kirbell said...

Yay for Spring. It's my favorite season. Unfortunately we don't get much of a spring here. We don't see many bulbs, either.