daily quote for your perusal

Well, it was a week ago, but Dane had a very nice birthday. He was very excited to turn six years old.
Dane's birthday is my favorite, I'll admit, because it was my birthday as a mother. So many memories, before his birth and after are so prominent in my mind. What a gift he is in my life!
Anyway, we got him the aforementioned Chess set. He also got a transformer, a new church shirt, a little pouch for his library card that I crocheted for him (he always wants to be responsible for his library card, but he's not so I told him he could be responsible for it after I made him a special holder.) in shades of green, yellow and blue. He also got a large "reading pillow" that I asked my mom to make for him (THANKS MOM!) along with a book and two dragon bookmarks.
We had Kyler sleep over the night before (see previous post) and then we went to Spanish Fork that afternoon for a Wii Party (as Dane called it) and pizza and cupcakes and time with family.
We're really blessed to have this grown-up boy in our family. We love him dearly! He teaches Ella and loves to play games with her.

He makes Bryce laugh. He amazes Cam and delights me with his inquiries regarding the world around him. Love you, Dane!!!


3 comments:

Seegmiller Six said...

Hi Cami- I can't believe he's six - didn't you guys just get married yesterday. I mean I was there.....:) Your kids are all so cute - I love hearing about them. Happy birthday Dane!

Cami said...

Yes, it was yesterday! LOL We actually just watched a bit of the wedding video as we were packing up our stuff to move and yes, you were there.

Anisa said...

We love Dane too!!! Happy Birthday!