daily quote for your perusal

I thought I'd answer a friend's post with our own list of songs with personal meaning.


Cam and I don't really have 'our song', but we have a few that had significant meaning to us before we were married. We made a honeymoon mix tape and from that I'd say that Phil Collins' version of Groovy Kind of Love has kind of stuck with us over the years.

However, the theme of our honeymoon became All-Star by Smashmouth. We went to San Diego and this song played on the radio over and over and over again. Eventually, it won us over. The video is made funnier by the fact that we saw Mystery Men on our honeymoon. So romantic!

The song that will bring me to tears is Now and Forever by Richard Marx. One day, during the second year of our marriage, I came back to our apartment for lunch. It had been the worst morning and I felt so stressed out. All the lights were out and I didn't see Cameron quietly sitting on the couch. He had the remote for the stereo in his hand. Without saying a thing, he pushed play, this song began and he started to slow dance with me. Cam is beyond romantic and this memory is forever etched in my heart and memory.


On to Dane...his song is When He Comes Again. He has asked for this song as his lullaby since he was old enough to ask for it. It's what my mom sang to us, it's what I sang to Mandy when she was little and now I sing it to my kids.
That's Dane => Do these stripes make me look fat?


Ella's is officially Elenore by the Turtles. This is also my song with my mom and my sister. The nice part about bringing Ella into this exclusive club is that we can sing "Ella-girl" instead of Elenore. Ella's first Turtles song was Happy Together, (and you know this song and the link will tell you why) which I sang to her, hoping to get her to eat when just a few days old. She had to be under the bili-lights and was so miserable. I sang, she nursed. Life went on.



Bryce's song is Baby Mine from Disney's Dumbo. I prefer Kenny Loggins' version. Anyway, this song comforted me immensely when my little Brycie was in the hospital for a week following his birth. Later, when he could not STAND to ride in the car, we'd just play this for him on my phone, with the kids holding it near him and he'd calm down. It was the only thing that would work. It got to the point that if he fussed even a little bit, Dane would begin to sing this to Bryce. You try not to cry hearing this and thinking of your kiddos.

3 comments:

Kirbell said...

Glad you're back. I assumed you were taking a self-imposed break. I love reading your blog although I don't always have time to comment. I'm glad we can stay in touch this way.

Jessica said...

Thanks.

I almost picked Baby Mine for a kid (can't remember which one) but I love that song.

And that vocalist on the Elenore...hilarious.

Anisa said...

Ryan and I are not really into music much. I'm glad you guys have your own songs. And I just don't remember you ever get that big with any of your kids!