Yesterday, we had the furnace, hot water heater and air conditioning unit replaced in this new (old) home. Consequently, we were stuck here all day and it was cold. The workers arrived at about 9:30 AM and left at 7:30 PM.
This gave me a chance to do some baking I've wanted to do. I made cinnamon rolls and my mom's famous homemade caramels. It smelled so good in here.

I broke my silicone spatula in the caramels. At first I thought it had melted, but silicone doesn't melt. It wasn't hot enough. Thankfully it didn't become one with the caramels. When I poured them into the pan to cool the broken piece was just sitting there. I rescued it and life went on.
Dane's best friend Conner spent the day with us, too, so the kids were all entertained by having a guest. It was a nice relaxing day in the middle of all the hustle and bustle I should've been involved in.
The best part of it all was that I had enough hot water to fill up my jetted tub. Ahhhhhhhh and our home is already warm at 8 AM.
Hooray for efficient heating equipment. I am so grateful for this modern age in which we live.

1 comments:
I just wanted to make everyone jealous and say "Thanks for the caramels and cinnamon rolls." They were yummy! I'm glad you have hot water and heat. Our water was actually turned off yesterday morning and I thought of calling you to take a shower. Then I remembered that Cameron would have already had the one hot shower and I would have to take a cold one. So, I opted to call South Jordan instead. Needlesstosay, the water was back on quickly and I got a hot shower.
Anisa
Post a Comment