I spent around 11 years of my young life singing with the Utah Valley Children's Choir headquartered in Spanish Fork, UT.
Being part of this wonderful, spritual choir really shaped who I became and what I value.
Anyway, it's been 25 years since this choir began and now they are having a little reunion in the form of a fund-raising gala. I am so going.
I have to get my sister-in-law in on it as well. It was on our final choir tour that we really cemented our relationship. We used poetry as mortar. This, of course, eventually led to me marrying her brother, but that was many years later.
The most exciting thing for me is that we'll get to sing some of our old songs together, as well as a new one by a composer from our choir.

It is also exciting that a collection of the 3 tapes we recorded with songs from The Primary Children's Songbook is being re-released on CD. My 16-year-old self sings the first verse of Baptism as a solo on this.
That's me on the left, before a choir concert at the Provo Tabernacle. Gotta love the hair!


5 comments:
It's just about my favorite thing when people put old HS pictures up. Thanks!
And I'll have to go have a listen to the CD!
I want a copy of the CD
I looooove the hair - I think mine looked just like that! It sounds pretty exciting!
Does this hair make me look fat?
Who knew hair could do that?!
I suppose it has a lot to do with the camera angle, but then my good friend Jamie looks great.
Okay, that picture beats the other ones! That is the best 80's hairdo ever. I never got my hair that poofy. You are AWESOME!
Post a Comment