daily quote for your perusal

I took Dane over to our new home so I could take some 'progress' pictures. I asked him if he wanted to help take off some tack strips and that it would involve a hammer. He was mildly interested and I said he should just give it a try...


He loved it (doesn't Mommy always know, Dane?) and worked quite hard for 15 minutes or so, hammering while I held the pry-bar. Having previously held nails for Dane to hammer, I can assure you that the pry-bar is much safer.


Earlier when I had helped Cam with the new house, I had felt much more connected to where we were soon going to be living. I hope Dane gets the same thing out of it.


Now suddenly, I find that Ella is quite quick to help. She volunteers before I even make the request! How nice is that! She helped me make cookies yesterday and later when I said I had to get the kitchen cleaned up, she said: "Oh! I have to get me dustpan and my sweep!" (is she not adorable?)
Then again today, she helped me clean up after lunch. I didn't even have to tell her what to do at first! She went immediately over to some Tupperware dishes that Bryce got out and put them right away! How great is that!? I am still astonished!

1 comments:

Homemade Heroes said...

Gabe says: Dane's a tough little kid. I remember when we wrestled and he never started crying!