Choosing the flooring for a nearly-gutted house is a daunting task, but we finally came up with the above three. First box is upstairs carpet (bedrooms only) and the wood is a natural finish Walnut which is for the remaining upstairs areas (there is an ivory/cream Travertine tile in the kitchen and breakfast nook). The Lava Rock carpet is for the basement. I like it a lot. Nice to have something different in the neutrals department.
As can be imagined, this new home is forefront in our minds. Our kids are totally excited about the move. They love the yard and I think Ella is excited about the boys sharing a room and her having her own, which she wants to be pink.
I haven't mentioned that this home and I are the same age, so it's lacking a lot of what we've grown used to in a newer home, such as good lighting. However, that just means there's a lot of fun options out there that we get to choose. Woo Hoo! This is nearly as fun as building from scratch except there are trees on this property that I can't fit my arms around. (this view is from the deck into the back yard, the fence and secluded city park beyond)


0 comments:
Post a Comment