daily quote for your perusal

I should recommend this CD from the roof tops, not so much for kids, but for me. This CD is so beautiful and calming...the best music present I've ever received. My kids get along better when I play Primary songs in the background, in the car or at home. This is available at Deseret Book.

Anyone who knows me could guess that I sing around the house all the time and so my kids know a lot of songs, some they shouldn't, I'm sure, but for the most part I try to keep it on their level. Anyway, I have introduced my kids to a lot of showtunes. Oklahoma! is an absolute favorite. Dane could sing "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" perfectly when he was 2 1/2 (one of my OB/GYNs favorite patient visit memories). We sing "O What a Beautiful Morning" as I open the blinds in the morning, etc. I don't often let them watch a whole musical, but I give 'em a little back ground and they're quite excited to sing along. Right now (other than Annie Get Your Gun) a favorite is "Consider Yourself" from Oliver.

Before recommending the following, I have to say that we love VeggieTales! However, you don't have to love VeggieTales to enjoy their CDs. This is because the songs have two sets of tracks. The first track set has all this fun interaction with the characters, but the second set just has the songs. On the Road with Bob and Larry is one of my favorites because it has two aformentioned songs from Oklahoma!
I also have to recommend "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. The name says it all. It's a good song to help identify days that don't always go the way kiddos want them to and Ella loves it.

0 comments: