I have had a toothache for 2 1/2 weeks.
I have never looked so forward to a dentist appointment in my life.
I have some worries though...
- That there's going to be a lot of work, and not just one cavity, to take care of in there.
- That I won't get numb quickly. Novocaine (or what ever
they use now) just doesn't seem to do the job anymore. Yikes! - That they won't find anything.
The thought that this achiness might be something greater than tooth decay makes me nervous. May be I'm a dental hypochondriac.
At a karaoke party on Friday someone sang the Dentist song from Little Shop of Horrors and I had to post these pics of Steve Martin.

This is actually my real dentist. He is very nice. He even gives my extra soft toothbrushes because I brush so hard.
Thankfully, we were able to get a late afternoon appointment and Cam can take the kids (I don't want to hear it, Anisa. I still want you to watch my kids from time to time ; > ) and so I can view it as a mini-vacation, albeit with anxiety and possibly, most likely, a lot of pain...but I'm in pain now, so I don't really mind.




4 comments:
Ouch! That doesn't sound fun :( Good luck at the dentist- I hope it goes very smoothly and I'm doubly glad your dentist doesn't look like Steve Martin :D
Good Luck... I have never looked forward to going to the dentist either. In fact I am grateful that we don't have dental insurance right now because it gives me an excuse, at least for a few months, not to go... even though I desperately need to!!
We go to Dr K too. And we love him. Good luck, but feel better.
try clove oil. it has euganol in it which is what they make lydocane out of... meaning that it will numb the area. PLUS it's got tons of anti-oxidents in it, so it will actually kill an infection. word to the wise, it's like a super strong cinnamon, so it burns for about a minute, but then it's fantastic for hours. totally worth it.
xoxo
Post a Comment